Sunday, May 5, 2013

"The Big Picture"

“Knowing what you now know about the national debt, taxation and the Federal budget- what advice would you give to the President’s economic advisers as you look ahead to being a taxpaying citizen for the next several decades? Consider your long term economic outlook- What should the President do in terms of the budget for your generation's economic prospects?"

     I think that as someone who plans on working in the medical field as a physician or in some other well-paid job, I won't really appreciate having to pay more taxes than people who do not make as much. If I work hard for my money and spend years training to become successful in my field, but then have to pay more in taxes because of it, I just don't think it is completely reasonable. I think the president needs to find some way to make this more fair. 

    I don't understand exactly why so much of the taxpayers money has to go to the government when in the article it specifically said that the money that taxpayers give up couldn't even begin to slow down the ever increasing national debt and even if the amount of taxes that citizens have to pay increased, it would not help the debt let alone reduce it at all. If i am going to be paying taxes for "the next several decades," I don't want to be working so hard and having more money taken away when people who may have not worked as hard can be exempt. The president's economic advisers should do something about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment